Turning enthusiasts into entrepreneurs
Found.ation is one of the first co-working spaces in Athens, operated by a very diverse team with complementary skills and networks. Found.ation, aims to meet the specific needs of technology startups and offer facilities and services in the areas of technology, graphic design and entrepreneurship. Our goal is to enhance and accelerate entrepreneurship in Greece. The main objective of Found.ation is to create a productive and growing ecosystem of entrepreneurial and technological talent which will form the basis for developing new Greek technology startups. Within Found.ation’s creative space, groups can work, meet and exchange ideas and experiences with other groups, meet with customers and investors and attend lectures and presentations.
An integral part of Found.ation is “Educ.ation”: an educational platform aiming to help young people develop their knowledge and skills in the field of entrepreneurship. Educ.ation is based on the pillars of ”Technical” and ”Social” Entrepreneurship. For each of these two pillars, the program is supported by workshops and courses on the topics of web and mobile development design and business marketing, skills that are critical towards developing potential entrepreneurs.
The founders’ goal with the project is to satisfy the needs of young technology companies, acting as an incubator of their business operations. Productive cooperation is promoted through offering participants daily opportunities to network with professionals from various fields to exchange help, opinions and ideas and develop new partnerships. Also we believe that the success of young entrepreneurs requires substantial investment in their craftsmanship and skills, especially in the high-technology sector. We are passionate in providing young entrepreneurs with the right tools, educational resources and networking opportunities-and it’s been shown that despite any setbacks, their sparks multiply fast!
Indicative List of Projects
Found.ation participates actively in the following Programs in Greece and Europe:
1. Found.ation participates as a Founding Member to the Greek “Women and girls go digital” initiative, which was launched in April 2014 and is implemented under the leadership of the Hellenic General Secretariat for Gender Equality and in collaboration with the European Centre for Women and Technology. The initiative involves a detailed National Action Plan, based on the innovative tool of the European Commission “Grand Coalition for Digital Jobs”.
2. As a member of a Consortium for the submission of a proposal in response to the Call “Delivering on skills for growth and jobs VP/2013/010” and other European Calls.
3. Found.ation participates actively in a Startup Program created by Cosmote (www.cosmotestartup.gr) in cooperation with the Hellenic Management Association (www.eede.gr) and OTE Academy (www.oteacademy.gr). A modern business incubator program of the new generation of Greek entrepreneurs which aims to help 10 startups to turn their ideas into business and start their own companies, after receiving all the necessary tools from the program.
4. Found.ation cooperates with the “PJ Tech Catalyst Fund” (www.pjtechcatalyst.com) of Piraeus Group, to develop new Greek web startups. The Program includes the funding of the new companies by the PJ Tech Catalyst Fund, the incubator program “Iqbility” created by Quest (www.quest.gr) and Found.ation’s co-working and incubation space.
- 750 m² Coworking and Incubation space
- 12 persons meeting room
- 40 persons class room
- 1.400 m² exhibition and presentation space @ The HUB Events
- 300 m² exhibition and presentation space @ 123PopUp
- 2 Lofts 200 m² each for brainstorming meetings, events and Presentations
- 2 offices of up to 8 persons each
- 4 offices of up to 4 persons each
- Legal advices
- Event management
- Product management
- Business development
- Product marketing (on-line/off-line)
- Venture Capitals
- Food court space
- kitchen space
· Unlimited internet with fair usage policy
- Scanner, fax, printer, phone line
- Computer (on request)
- E-mail account
- Online secretary office
- 40 Gb server space
- Daily back up
- Projection screens, whiteboards (in the class rooms)
- Coffee and refreshments during the events